Lab Manager H/F
Description de l'offre d'emploi
For our client, an international company specialized in cannabis plant extraction and formulation manufacturing for the European market, we recruit a Lab manager to work in the Setúbal region, Portugal.
This Start Up invests in the extraction, cultivation, research, development and distribution of cannabinoid products certified pharmaceutical GMP.
This beautiful pharmaceutical company follows the successful model of Solaris Farms in the United States and is a medical model for the cannabis industry, focusing on the cultivation and import/export of medical grade flowers and high quality consistent pharmacological applications with a distillate of 95% pure THC extracted and a 99% THC-A isolate, which can be used to formulate combinations of THC and CBD for oral use such as drops and pills…
Salary from 20,000 to 35,000 € and be part of a well-funded start-up in a new booming industry. The first of its kind in Portugal.
The Laboratory Manager reports to the Laboratory Director or CEO and is responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of product extractions and manufacturing.
The laboratory manager is responsible for ensuring that the department achieves key performance indicators, providing material for extractions, purchase of components and ingredients for manufacturing products, and management and coordination of staff schedules.
Your missions are to:
- Oversee extraction, production, planning, processing and scheduling.
- Monitor and maintain the production facility in accordance with laws, procedures, regulations and safety and hygiene rules.
- Maintain a safe working environment, including maintenance, cleaning and repair of mining equipment.
- Establish and maintain detailed and well-documented protocols, reports and records.
- Hire, train and develop the production team.
- To be responsible for the management of performance plans and work schedules.
- Develop and implement SOPs for all required processes.
- Prepare equipment and plant material for extraction.
- Maintain extraction production logs.
- Maintain strict quality control measures to ensure inventory and records of products, materials and equipment.
- Ensure product consistency and effectiveness through testing and quality control procedures.
- Perform daily tasks, including preparation, extraction and post-processing of cannabis biomass.
- Maintain safety data sheets for all products.
In the absence of key personnel, the employee's supervisor or his qualified representative is responsible for delegating the execution of all required tasks and responsibilities.
Pré-requis du poste
- You have a Bachelor's degree or more in chemistry, biology or a related field.
- You are at least 21 years old for legal reasons related to the industry.
- You must have a valid ID.
- You must be able to pass a federal background check.
- You are completely fluent in English (Portuguese is a big advantage for the local sector).
- You have extensive experience in production management with various extraction processes, preferably in cannabis, pharmaceuticals or nutraceuticals.
- You had an experience at Clever leaves.
- You have a good understanding of laboratory systems and equipment, or a comparable understanding of a field of trade (Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc.).
- You have experience in mass production of products.
- You have experience in data analysis and reporting on production metrics and KPIs.
- You must have responsibility, proactive behavior, and great attention to detail.
You have excellent communication skills.
You are trustworthy, hardworking and have a sense of urgency.